Effective Estate Planning facilitates the orderly transfer of assets to your beneficiaries, provides security for your surviving spouse, and can reduce or eliminate the tax due on the transfer of your business and other assets. For business owners, providing for business continuity and succession of ownership is essential. We can guide you through the complex process of getting your financial affairs in order.
This evaluation would involve reviewing current wills and trusts to determine whether or not they provide a realistic approach for utilization of the estate tax exemption. In addition we will make recommendations that utilize the most current techniques available to reduce any net estate tax that might be due.
We can also help you put in place documents that reduce potential probate expense as well as assist the Executor in preparation of estate tax returns or estate income tax returns. Our opinion is that no other professional knows your personal financial situation better than your CPA, thereby he or she should be instrumental in the development of your plan.
Our Estate Planning services can help you to:
- Clearly define your estate planning goals
- Organize and create your estate planning team (experts in law, finance and taxes)
- Evaluate and recommend estate planning options
- Review your estate planning documents including current wills, trusts, health care and
power of attorney documents
- Decrease the problems and expenses associated with probate
- Lessen taxes at time of death
- Arrange for management of your assets in the event you are incapacitated
- Draft a working plan for conserving and effectively managing your estate after death
- Transfer the assets of your estate to heirs the way you want
- Organize fair and adequate liquidation of estate to cover taxes and other expenses
- Amend your plan as needed
We can also help you with:
- Living Wills and Trusts
- Lifetime Family Wealth Transfers
- Family partnerships and other business relationships
- Leaving money to charities
- Other estate and trust tax issues
Member/Owner, Managing Director
Direct Line: 765-254-2733
Linn Crull specializes in offering clients tax planning and compliance services, as well as small business consulting. A native of Cambridge City, Indiana, Linn joined Whitinger & Company in 1979 after graduating from Ball State University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting. Linn has served in the role of managing partner for the firm for over 15 years and has guided it through developments such as mergers & acquisitions, the initiation of a strategic plan, expansion of professional services, and the relocation of company headquarters in 2007.
Direct Line: 765-254-2773
Ken Wiley specializes in providing income tax planning, estate tax planning, compliance services and business valuations. He also completed the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants Personal Financial Planning Program. After graduating from Ball State University in 1978 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting, Ken, a native of Muncie, joined Whitinger & Company.
Direct Line: 765-254-2775