Dear Clients & Friends,
As the unprecedented events of this week have unfolded, and as the environment has become more unpredictable due to COVID-19, our goal at Whitinger & Company is to continue to be available and responsive to your needs, while taking appropriate steps to minimize the health risks to you and our associates.
While the situation seems to change by the hour, we have plans, systems, and the technological infrastructure in place to ensure that you continue to receive uncompromised services. Our team is working diligently to complete time-sensitive tax returns that are due in the coming days and weeks. Presently, our offices in Muncie and Indianapolis remain open for business; however, we are discouraging face to face meetings and encouraging the use of alternative methods outlined below.
For your convenience and safety, we have a number of options for submitting tax documents to your Whitinger accountant and for receiving your completed tax documents back from our office.
- We can establish an individual online portal for you to exchange sensitive documents to and from our team in a secure manner.
- Documents can be sent and received in a secure manner using Sharefile
- Postal delivery can be used as long as additional days are allowed for transport
- We can hold consultation sessions with you via phone conference or simple to use video conference
- We are still holding in-person meetings if they are preferred or necessary, but this may be subject to change based on the developing environment.
Our Policies and Procedures:
- Our business procedures and information technology infrastructure allow for work-from-home capabilities. Our associates are using this resource in a limited manner at this point; however, we have the ability to significantly escalate this step if the situation merits
- We have VPN connectivity with all the necessary security measures in place.
- We have restricted access to our offices to Whitinger personnel and clients only. We enjoy hosting various community groups in our offices, however, we will be suspending this activity for the foreseeable future.
- We have discontinued all large gathering events for the next 30 days
- We are closely monitoring recommendations and guidelines outlined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) as well as our local health departments in the communities we serve.
We encourage our team members, clients and community to:
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds frequently
- Dry hands with paper towels instead of cloth towels
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
- Practice “social distancing” where you can
- Stay home if sick or showing symptoms consistent with COVID-19
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Cover nose and mouth when sneezing or coughing with disposable tissues and then wash hands
- Closely monitor and adapt recommendations and guidelines outlined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO) and your local health officials.
At moments like these, when your family, business, and personal planning are uncertain, we are here to help you sort through the implications and provide solutions where necessary. Please know the wellness and safety of our team, our clients, and the community continues to be our top priority. We appreciate your loyalty and trust as a valued customer.
Like you, we will be doing our best to stay as healthy and positive as we can. Please reach out to us with your questions or for additional information.
– Whitinger & Company