As we continue to monitor developments of the COVID-19 outbreak, the health and well-being of our staff, clients and communities remain our highest priority. Proactively, we closed our lobbies to all outside guests and most of our associates began working remotely early last week. As of the close of business on Monday the 23rd, all of our staff members are now working remotely.
Although Indiana Governor Holcomb’s Stay-At-Home Declaration yesterday provides an exemption for accounting firms, we are continuing with our “work-from-home” approach for all staff members and for the time being, our lobbies will remain closed.
While we are working remotely we are operational and working for you.
What does this mean?
- Our lobbies will remain locked and we have eliminated in-person meetings and consultations for the time being.
- For clients where our staff members come to you, we have made contingency plans to deliver on-site work on a remote basis and to arrange for pick-up and drop-offs where needed.
- If you still need to bring in your tax documents we have a mail slot at each of our offices where you can securely leave your paperwork. We can also receive documents by mail and electronically through the Whitinger Portal or secured email.
- If you would like to drop off your tax documents, please bring them in a large envelope with your name clearly marked. If you need an envelope, we have a bin of envelopes outside the front door of each office for your convenience.
- When your taxes are completed we will distribute them back to you by mail or through our secure client Portal if you prefer.
Communicating with your Whitinger accountant
The Whitinger team remains available to you throughout this situation and we have a variety of methods for answering questions and consulting on matters important to you and your organization. Your accountant is available to you by email, phone call, or video conference. We can also receive and distribute documents securely through the Whitinger Portal or Sharefile.
Thank you for your continued support and loyal business as we all navigate these unique circumstances. To streamline communications with our team you can download the Whitinger Staff Contact List here.
Please reach out to your accountant with any questions or concerns you may have.
We are here and ready to help.
-Whitinger & Company